This video covers adjusting the deform cage to the character's legs and feet. The BlenRig deform cage is designed to provide good deformation at the joints of the character. You should not change the basic structure of the polygon flow of the cage.
- [Instructor] For the legs and the feet,…let's begin by turning X-Ray back on over here,…and I'll go to the front view and orthographic view,…and let's just choose this edge loop here…with Alt + Click, and I'll just scale it out.…I'll turn off proportional editing for now with the O key,…and hit S and scale this out, something like that.…And just get it close for now.…And let's move on down here, and this particular edge…isn't an edge loop per se, there's a lot of geometry…going on here in the knees, just like the other joints,…to help them deform properly.…
What let's do then, is let's hit the Z key,…and I'll Control + Click and drag this area here…to lasso that selection, and then I'll press S…and X and kind of scale these out just a bit.…Something like that.…Now I'll hit the Z key again to go back to the normal view…and Alt + Click this edge and scale it out in the X,…maybe rotate it a bit and bring it down around…where that calf is bulging out, something like that.…
And we'll just keep on moving down here.…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.