The BlenRig deform cage is designed to provide good deformation at the joints of the character. You should not change the basic structure of the polygon flow of the cage. There is some rather complex topology in the area of the hips and pelvis. In this video, learn how to adjust the deform cage around the character's pelvis.
- [Voiceover] To adjust the points around the pelvis…I'll turn x-ray back on so we can see them.…And for this, I believe what I'll do is begin down here…and move this point out.…So I'll kind of expand this a little bit…and get some of this outside the character here.…We may need to bring some back in.…Maybe I'll grab this point…and bring some of this back in a bit.…
But just getting that front part…out beyond the character mesh there.…And then down in here, right below the crotch,…this is a very difficult area to get in place,…kinda like under the arms.…We need to really watch what we're doing…and make sure we're not overlapping the mesh…while still trying to encompass all of the character mesh…within the deform cage.…So it can take a bit of tumbling around…trial and error to get this area in place.…
For now though, I'll just go ahead…and move some of this down like this,…getting it a little bit closer…to where we wanted it to be.…And then points can get caught up inside here…so we need to kinda watch and make sure…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.