The character will not be deformed directly by the rig, but will be controlled by the BlenRig deform cage. In this video, learn how to use Blender's proportional editing tool to adjust the deformation cage to better fit the character's head and neck.
- [Instructor] Now that the rig has been re-targeted…to fit the specific proportions of our character,…we need to make sure that the deform cage…encompasses the entire character.…Because the rig is actually moving the deform cage…and whatever is in the deform cage will be moved as well.…So we're not directly controlling the character,…but the deform cage.…So I think I'll hit the T key…to close that panel there on the left.…And now we need to edit our deform cage…to fit around our character.…
To do that, I've gone ahead and selected my character here…and turned off the subdivision surface modifier.…I'll go over to the modifiers panel,…and you can see here I've turned this off.…The reason for this is that as you can see,…with the subdivision surface on, we may not be able to see…exactly where all the outside points are.…If I kind of zoom in here,…and turn off the edit cage for a minute,…and then tab into edit mode, you can see…there are some points that are sitting outside…of the subdivided mesh.…
So if we kept our subdivision surfaces on,…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.