Many of the controls in the BlenRig add-on are controlled by Blender Actions. In this video, learn how to modify the actions for the eyes, and adjust the movement range of the eye control objects.
- No matter how careful you are,…there are always going to be little tweaks…that need to be done to the Facial Rig…to get the expressions and deformations correct.…I think there's a couple of places…where we could work on it, on this model.…If I zoom in here, to the eyes,…let's take a look at what happens when we close the eyes.…If I grab this eyelid up control, and hit G…and bring it down, you can see that when…the eyelid comes down it doesn't exactly close real well.…
And, in addition, if I keep going, it really stretches it.…Going up isn't bad, but going down, that's not right.…So, let's work on this.…I'll press ALT + G to take that back to…its original position.…And within BlenRig you've got some actions here,…this ACTIONS layer.…And you can edit the actions, edit the shape…of the deformation through these actions.…So I'll turn this on, and turn off all the other layers.…
And you can see you've got these little controls…that allow you to change the placement…and movement of the mesh.…So what we'll do, is use the Action Editor to adjust these.…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.