Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding windshields, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Let's go ahead and move on to some other…detail in the vehicle, and we're going…to work on the windshields.…Now, we're gonna focus on the main windshield for this one,…but you can use the same methods…to create the side windows.…So, the windshield is basically just a surface…that goes from one edge of…the windshield opening to the other.…So, basically, we kind of just need to fit…a rectangular patch or plane…to this surface.…And the easiest way to do this is to start with one edge…and extrude it down, and then just start fitting it.…
So, I'm gonna select this vehicle,…hit Tab, and let's go into Edge Mode.…Now, I want to extrude this top edge…down to the bottom.…Now, one of the problems we're gonna have…is that there's less detail along the roof…than there is along the bottom edge of the windshield.…And so we need to account for that…when we start making this.…And the other one is that we do have a rolled edge in here.…So if I select these and go in,…you'll see that I've got this kind of dropped edge here,…and that gives a nice smooth edge on the windshield side,…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.