Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding trim, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- The car is finally taking shape…but we still have a lot of detail work to do.…Now this detail work is very time consuming…so let me just show you one or two more tricks…for creating that detail so you can…finish the car yourself.…I'm going to take a look at the trim of the vehicle.…Now we have a lot of trim around this car…that are, for example, around the windshields,…or around the headlights.…And these are basically chrome or rubber strips…that outline portions of the vehicle.…So let's go ahead and take a look at the trim…that outlines this headlight cover.…
Now we can model this using the edges that already exist.…So I have the edge of the glass…as well as the edge of the body to which it attaches.…Now I need to decide whether to use…the glass or the body as the source of this trim.…I'm going to use the glass for this one.…So I'm actually going to hide the body of the vehicle.…And let's just take a look at these headlight covers.…Now I'm just going to use the left one here.…So we're going to go into edit mode.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.