- [Voiceover] To create some treads for our motorcycle tires…we can just use a bump map.…What I've done is I've created an image.…Let me go open and go to my textures folder.…And I've created an image here called tire treads.…And all it is, is just a white image with black lines…giving a basic pattern for the tire treads.…Now in a bump map, anything white is pushed out…and anything black is pushed in.…
So making the tread pattern black should give me…the impression of indentations on the tire.…So let's see if we can set this up in the node editor.…I wanna press control up arrow to maximize this screen.…And what I need first is an image texture node, so I'll…press shift A and go to texture and image texture.…And I'll go ahead and bring in that tire treads image…right here.…
A bump map is a gray scale image, black and white.…So I'm gonna go ahead and even though this is mainly…black and white I'm gonna go ahead and convert it to…black and white using a convert node here.…I'll press shift A and I'll go to converter and let's go…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.