Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding taillight details, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now that we have the rear-fender roughed out,…we can start on the back end.…We're gonna start with the tail lights.…Now, if I take a look at the back of the vehicle,…I'm gonna actually turn on my back reference image here,…you'll see that we have this tail-light…assembly with three lights in it and…the top of this and the bottom of this pretty much…match the curvature of these round lights, so,…it's gonna be round on the top, round on the bottom,…and then a little bit oval in the middle.…So, probably the easiest thing to do for this is…to start with something that is round.…
So, we're actually gonna start with a cylinder.…So, I'm going to, actually I'm gonna turn off my…image plane so you can see what I'm doing here.…So, I'm going to go into my object here,…hit tab, go into Edit mode, and then we're gonna…add in a cylinder while we're in Edit mode,…and that will add it to the object.…So, I'm going to create that cylinder…and before I touch anything, I wanna make…sure my creation parameters are correct.…I'm gonna do about twelve vertices.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.