Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a simple texture, part of Blender Essential Training.
In this chapter, we are going to go over textures.…Now textures can add additional realism to your materials, and they can…be bitmapped images.…They can be procedurals.…There's a whole array of ways to create textures, and we'll get in to those.…But before we do that, we need to understand a little bit about the Texture panel…and how textures relate to materials.…So we are just going to add a very simple texture so we can understand some of that process.…
So we are going to start off very simply.…I just have the default scene open here, and I am going to go ahead and select my default cube.…Now I am going to go ahead into my Materials panel here. In fact, I am going to…go ahead and expand that so we have a lot of room to see what we are doing here.…I am just going to keep the standard default material, and we are going to go…ahead and just change the diffuse color a little bit so that it's a little bit more blue.…Now this is just a solid color, but if we want to add something a little bit…more rich, we can use a texture.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.