- [Voiceover] To create the seats I think we'll just use…the same process we used for the gas tank.…I'll go to a new layer here and zoom in.…And let's go ahead and just begin with a cube.…I'll create a cube, hit Z to go to wireframe,…and let's move it up into place.…Now here we're going to have to think a little bit…about how we're gonna get this curved shape.…I think what I'll do is scale this cube in…and I'll get it to fit around say this part of the seat,…and then maybe we can extrude this out…to get the front part.…
I'll tab into edit mode and let's go to vertex mode,…and once again I'll just hit the B key for border select,…and let's try and get this in the general shape…of the seat.…I'll tumble around and let's take a look at it.…From the top view we can see that this part…is narrower than here at the center,…so maybe we can take this face…and scale it in the X with S and X…and just scale that in just a bit, like that.…
Now let's come over to this face,…maybe we can scale this out a bit,…like this.…Back to the side view.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.