Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the roof, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- At this point the trunk is done,…and we need to move on to the roof.…So the roof is actually just some more extrudes…so let's go ahead and just get right to it.…As you can see, we've got some detail…that we've added into the trunk…just to kind of smooth things out.…Now the two edges I really want to pay…attention to is this edge and that edge…and these are what are going to…outline our windows.…So I'm going to go ahead and select all…of these leading edges here.…
Now I'm not getting this one here,…so I just want these, and we're going to…do an extrude and we're going to start…extruding the roof.…Now I'm going to extrude the roof with…the rear window intact because…we can just cut that out later.…So I'm going to do Extrude Region…and as you notice here, we've got a lot of…detail down here that needs to be adjusted…so I'm just going to extrude this to right about here,…right about the middle of that window…and then let's go ahead and start adjusting our detail.…
So I'm going to do this in wire frame so I'm…going to go into wire mode here…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.