Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding motion blur, part of Blender Essential Training.
When you render animation, a lot of times you'll want to have motion blur…applied to your scene.…Now this just adds another layer of realism, and it creates the blur effect…you have when you take a picture of an object that moves within the length of the exposure.…So I have a simple scene here, and it's basically just a pool ball rolling into the scene.…Now if I put it around frame 22, so it's somewhere near the center of the…screen and I do a quick render, you'll see that it doesn't look like it's…moving in this scene.…
Now if we were to actually animate this and play it back, you'd see it kind of…go from frame to frame, and it wouldn't have a sense of realism because it…wouldn't have a blur to it, or a motion blur.…We can fix that by adding in motion blur.…We do this under the Render Properties panel.…There is a rollout here called Sampled Motion Blur.…Let's go ahead and open that up and click that on.…Now if we just render with the default settings, we get nothing, because we need…to have multiple motion samples.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.