Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding materials to the bike, part of Modeling a Motorcycle in Blender.
- [Voiceover] The next material I'd like to assign…is the floor material, so I'll just select the floor plane…and click New, and I'll just call this floor.…And for this, I think what I want is something…a little bit darker, so I'll bring down…this slider quite a bit, quite a bit darker,…but I also want it more shiny,…just so there's a slight bit of reflection…on the floor from the motorcycle.…Now to do that, I'm going to need to add a glossy shader.…
Over here on the node editor you can see we have…our diffuse shader, which is the same as this right here.…And we have our color here.…What I want to do is mix this shader…with a glossy shader, so to add a new node…in the node editor, I'll press shift + a…and I'll go to Shader, and Glossy.…And add this here.…And then, I'll add a mix shader with shift + a,…Shader, Mix, and I'll drop that right in here.…
Now I can take this node here and drag it into…the node socket of the mix shader…and you can see now what it's doing,…it's mixing this glossy with the color.…And that's pretty good, although I think it's…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.