Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the lights, part of Blender: Model a Motorcycle.
- [Voiceover] Let's now work on the front…and the rear lights.…To create the front light I think I will begin…with a cylinder,…since it's a little bit bigger…than these turn signal lights.…I'll come over here and I'll create a cylinder,…it's already got 12 sides,…that's good.…I'll go ahead and change the cap fill to nothing,…I'll rotate it 90 degrees around the x-axis,…and let's move it up and into place.…I'll scale it in the Y.…
And I think I wanna begin with this rim right here,…so I'm just gonna move this up…and try and get this particular object…to the same size as that rim,…kind of like that.…Now I'm gonna tab into edit mode…and go to edge mode and select this edge,…and I'll just bring it in and scale it down some.…So we'll kind of get that angle there like that.…Now for this edge what I'd like to do…is extrude it and scale it in just a hair,…and then extrude it and bring it back,…and then extrude it and scale it back up,…just to get that little ridge or rim in there.…
And now I'll just begin extruding and pulling back,…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.