Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding lighting and reflective surfaces, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now that we have the scene set up,…let's go ahead and add some materials…as well as some lighting so that we can see those materials.…So the first thing that I want to do…is we're going to render using the Cycles renderer…and then when we do that, we can turn on…Rendered mode and it should come in.…Now if you have a GPU,…one of the first things you want to do…is go over to this render tab and turn on GPU Compute device…because it will render a whole lot faster.…Now you can see that we don't really have a lot of light…in the scene, so I need to add in some additional lighting.…
So we're going to create a very simple light model.…We're not going to get too fancy with this.…I just want to see how this car renders.…So we're going to create a Sun object.…Now you can see as soon as we do that, we get a shadow.…Now the Sun object itself is basically…just a simple light, here, and if we want…we can change the direction.…So it basically comes from all directions.…It doesn't matter where you put it in the scene,…but I am going to just adjust it so that…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.