Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the handlebars, part of Modeling a Motorcycle in Blender.
- [Voiceover] To create the handlebars, I've gone ahead…and brought in a couple of reference images here on the side…and I think what we need to do here is just create a path.…We can mirror it to the other side.…And then once we get the path in, we can then begin…adjusting the points of the path to get this nice curved…shape of the handlebars.…So first of all I'll come over here to the create tab…and I'll click path to create a path.…And let's bring it up.…And put it in place.…
Now I think I will go ahead and scale it down quite a bit…and move it to one side like this.…Let's go ahead and go to the top view I'll hit the seven key…on the number pad and then the five key to go…to orthographic view.…And let's see if we can place this generally where it's…going to be.…So maybe something like this.…And if we tumble around we can kinda take a look at how we…have it placed and that looks pretty good, maybe I could…bring it up a little bit more like this.…
From here I'll go back to the top view and tab into edit…mode and now we can begin to try and create this path…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.