Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding background images, part of Blender Essential Training.
Many times you'll want to use something other than a gradient for your background.…Often we'll use a bitmap of a sky or something like that to create a background.…So let's show you how to add a bitmap to your background.…Now I have the scene I was working on before, and in my world I have this…gradient set up. So let's do a quick render to see what we have.…So we have this set up to Paper Sky and a Blend Sky with this Horizon and Zenith color.…
Now if you want to add a background image, it's very similar to working with materials.…All you have to do is keep the World selected and then go immediately over…to the Texture panel, and when we do that we can add in a new texture. It…understands that you came over from the World panel here, so we have…Texture, World, or Both.…So with the default Clouds, you can see it's overlaying the clouds over that…gradient. But in this case I really don't want to use a procedural texture;…I want to use a bitmap, so I'm going to go select Image or Movie. And then under…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.