Join Christian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Add materials to a second mesh, part of PBR Materials with Blender & Quixel.
- [Voiceover] We still need to apply materials…to our second object which are those tools…that go with our cannon.…The tools are made up of metal and wood.…We've covered those materials before.…But this time I'm gonna use a different process…to apply the materials to the IDs.…To do that, I'm gonna come up here to DDO…and I'm going to make sure that I'm set on Tools.…And you'll see that there's nothing here in DDO.…There's no materials applied.…We haven't applied any yet.…And all of our mattes are of black.…
We haven't done anything with them.…It's generated the blank templates…but nothing's been applied.…Now if I come over to 3DO and hit C…well we could see those IDs…we've been using that all along…but if I hit Shift C…and I'm gonna click on this metal part of the tool…then it should open up our Smart Materials.…And from here we can go straight…to applying a Smart Material…like that military painted metal we've been using.…We'll hit create and it will apply it to just that ID.…
It's the same process we've been using before,…
By the end of the course, you should be excited about and more comfortable with the Quixel Suite and the Blender import and export system. This workflow is suitable for game assets, models destined for animation, visual effects, and more.
- What is PBR?
- Exporting a mesh from Blender
- Loading maps in Quixel DDO
- Making textures with DDO
- Setting up lighting in 3DO
- Flattening materials
- Using NDO
- Sculpting and painting normal maps
- Finishing materials with dust, dirt, and patina
- Rendering the project in 3DO