Blackboard 9.x Essential Training for Instructors
In this course, Patrick Crispen teaches the ins and outs of Blackboard 9 so that educators and trainers can get up to speed in the system quickly—even if they've never used Blackboard before. The course explores customizing a course site, managing users, and adding and organizing content, including multimedia. It also shows how to perform student assessments in the Grade Center, as well as how to communicate with students and encourage participation and collaboration.
- Accessing a course
- Creating announcements
- Viewing the roster
- Working with modules
- Adding new menu items
- Enrolling students and others
- Making content available to students
- Entering grades
- Downloading and editing grades in Excel
- Creating assignments and collecting papers
- Creating online tests
- Adding discussion forums and groups
- Welcome to Blackboard 9, Essential Training for Instructors. My name is Patrick Crispen, and for the past 10 years, I've supported Blackboard at three of the five largest universities in Southern California. In this course, I'm going to show you what you need to know to get started with Blackboard Learn. I'm also going to throw in some tips, tricks, and even some instructional design strategies that I've picked up along the way. Things that will help you and your students get the most out of Blackboard. We will cover essentials such as how to create an assignment, and make it available to students. I'll explore many of the communication tools, and we'll look at how to use discussions in e-mail.
I'll teach you how to set up your grade center, add items and export the records. We'll cover how to create assessment items of all sorts, and how to set various settings that will allow you to deliver and grade these items as efficiently as possible. Before we get started, let me give you a quick bit of advice. Don't try to learn or use all of Blackboard's tools at once. If you've never used Blackboard, start with the first few chapters as a quick start, and then build on that as you need to. Again, welcome to Blackboard 9, Essential Training for Instructors. Let's get started.
Motion Design Insights: NAB 20142,508 Views
Google Sites Essential Training215,764 Views
Blender UV Mapping63,495 Views
Foundations of Drawing: Light and Shadow94,322 Views
Publisher 2013 Essential Training96,454 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
Blackboard Essential Training186,575 Views
Captivate 8 Essential Training658,566 Views