Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Time stretching and correcting, part of Up and Running with Bitwig Studio.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So, we've talked about moving pitch…without time being upset.…Now, let's talk about time moving…without pitch being upset.…Let's go ahead and move over to our claps here…and remember I said I wanted to, sort of,…tighten up some of these.…So, I'm gonna grab this guy…and let's go ahead and make this window a little bit bigger.…I'm gonna hit B to get rid of the browser…and I can even get rid of the inspector if I want…by hitting I.…Oo-oo, that's nice, a little breathing room.…What I wanna talk about now is time correcting.…
So, I'm gonna go over to the stretch area…and when we get to the stretch area…what we can do is we can actually add markers…that will allow us to lock down certain points…in the waveform to certain points in time.…Let me show you what I mean.…If I go ahead and I zoom in here,…there's that clap.…What I can do with my mouse…is I can double click anywhere…and I can hold a piece of audio…in one direction or the other.…
Now, you're gonna notice if you look to the right…that the rest of the waveform goes with it.…
- Setting up
- Recording and overdubbing MIDI
- Editing MIDI
- Sampler and synth programming
- Editing audio
- Making songs out of loops
- Adjusting volume and panning
- Basic mix techniques using EQ and compression
- Creating scenes for live performance
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
EDM Production Techniques: Drumswith J. Scott Giaquinta1h 47m Intermediate
Performing with Ableton Live: On Stage with St. Vincentwith Daniel Mintseris2h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Shake Hands with Bitwig Studio
2. Using Software Instruments and Recording MIDI
3. Working with Audio
4. Out of Loopland, into Song City
Saving and archiving3m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.