Learn to install and configure WordPress locally with Bitnami, the open-source development stack for WordPress theme, plugin, and site development on Mac or Windows.
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to "Installing and Running WordPress: Bitnami". My name is Morten Rand-Hendricksen. I'm a senior staff author and WordPress expert, and in this installment of the installing WordPress series, we'll take a look at how to, well, install and run WordPress on a Windows computer or a Mac using bitnami. We'll start with a brief introduction to bitnami and discuss why you'd want to install WordPress on your computer. Then, I'll walk you through the process of installing and running WordPress with bitnami on both a Windows computer and on a Mac, and we'll wrap things up with some tips on troubleshooting, migration, and setting up multiple sites.
Whether you're just learning how to use WordPress or you want to develop shell themes, themes, plug-ins, or even custom sites, having WordPress running on your computer makes the job way easier. Bitnami is a great option to get WordPress running on your computer, and I'm here to show you how to do it right, so let's get cracking with Installing and Running WordPress: Bitnami.
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web