This online video tutorial shows you how to troubleshoot the two most common issues with WordPress and Bitnami: WordPress is not working, and the White Screen of Death.
- [Voiceover] With WordPress running under Bitnami…on your Windows computer or Mac,…I'd like to take your through a couple of…troubleshooting steps for two very common issues.…The first issue is,…WordPress won't open in the browser,…now this can happen both on a Windows computer…and on a Mac…and it's a fairly common occurrence…I see a lot and I see a lot of people…post about in forums or send me questions about.…This usually takes the form of going to local host…slash WordPress and either not getting anything…or getting a message that says something like…host not found or database host not found…or database server not found…or site cannot be reached.…
In my browser, it will look something like this,…I try to go to local host slash WordPress…and all I get is this site can't be reached.…Local host refused to connect.…Now the important part is this sentence here,…local host refused to connect.…What this is saying is the web server…is not currently running.…So whether you're on a Windows computer…or a Mac, here's how you solve this problem.…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web