This online video tutorial shows you how to download and install Bitnami and WordPress on a Windows computer.
- [Voiceover] In this chapter,…I'll show you how to download, install, and manage…Bitnami and Wordpress on a Windows computer.…If you are on a Mac…and you want to follow the procedure for a Mac,…you need to jump to the next chapter.…Right now I'm logged in on a standard Windows computer…running Windows 10,…and to get the correct installer here,…I need to go to bitnami.com,…navigate to applications,…select WordPress,…and then scroll down to Local Install.…From here I'll just click on the link that's suggested.…This opens a modal window,…where I'm asked to log in or set up an account on Bitnami.…
Now, you can do that if you want to, but I'm not going to,…I'm simply gonna click on…"No, thanks, just take me to the download".…This automatically starts the download to my computer,…and I'm taken to the Thanks page,…where I can tweet about having just downloaded Bitnami.…When the download is complete,…I get a standard Windows installer on my computer,…and to start installation process,…I simply open up the installer.…The Bitnami installation process is pretty straightforward.…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web