This online video tutorial shows you how to download and install Bitnami and WordPress on a Mac.
- [Voiceover] In this chapter, I'll show you…how to install WordPress under Bitnami on a Mac.…If you're on a Windows computer…and you want to follow along,…you need to jump to the previous chapter…where I covered the same process on Windows.…The first step in installing Bitnami on a Mac…is to go to Bitnami.com and navigate to applications.…From here, we have to select WordPress…to go to the WordPress installer.…And as I explained previously in the course,…we want the local install.…So here you just have to download this link here.…If I click on it, you go to a modal window…that asks you if you want to sign in to Bitnami…or you can choose to set up an account…if you want to, you don't have to though.…
So I'm just going to click "No, thanks…"just take me to the download."…This starts the download process…and navigates me to the Thanks page…where I can tweet out that…I've just downloaded Bitnami.…And when the download process is complete,…I can collapse Chrome and go to my Downloads folder.…Here you'll find Bitnami WordPress Installer.…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web