Bitnami comes with a management tool that allows you to control and configure the database and web server and gain direct access to WordPress and other tools. This online video tutorial shows you how it all works.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Bitnami works…by running two server processes on your computer:…a MySQL database server and an Apache web server.…When you visit your WordPress site through your browser…it goes to the web server to open Wordpress…and then the database server to get the database.…For all this to work Bitnami has to be running first…and unlike on Windows, that doesn't happen automatically…on a Mac, so you have to boot Bitnami up manually…every time you boot up your computer.…Let me show you how this works.…If I open my browser and then visit my WordPress site…which is under 127.0.0.1:8080/wordpress,…actually its much easier to go through…localhost:8080/wordpress to do this.…
You'll see we get this message:…"This webpage is not available, ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED."…That's because the Bitnami servers are not running.…To get them to run I'll hit Command, Space,…and search for "Manager-OSX."…Now I know that's a really weird name…for the Bitnami manager, but that is the name of the file,…so we'll open that one.…This boots up the Bitnami WordPress Stack Manager,…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web