Bitnami comes with a management tool that allows you to control and configure the database and web server and gain direct access to WordPress and other tools. This online video tutorial shows you how it all works.
- [Voiceover] Once Bitnami is installed on Windows,…it becomes part of the startup process,…meaning when you reboot your computer…Bitnami's already running in the background.…You can see this by rebooting your computer…and then going to the browser and loading up localhost.…This is the same as that address you saw…in the previous movie of 127.0.0.1…and it brings you to the currently local hosted web server…on your computer and this is Bitnami.…So here, we saw what we saw in the previous movie…and you can access WordPress if you want to.…To manage Bitnami,…you have to open the Bitnami WordPress Stack Manager Tool…and you can do so from the Start button…by typing in Bitnami.…
Here we go.…This management tool gives you direct access…to the actual application that's running in the background…and from here, we can do several things.…So let's go through this management tool quickly,…so you can see what you can do from here…and know how to access the different features.…First off, under the Welcome tab you have a series of links.…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web