When you install WordPress on your computer using Bitnami, it works just like any other WordPress site. This online video tutorial shows you how to manage your WordPress install and how to get the most out of it.
- [Voiceover] Once you have WordPress running under…Bitnami on your computer, it works just like…any other WordPress site you'll find on the web.…You can navigate to any page or post within the site,…you can leave comments and you can…manage the site just like you would…any other WordPress site.…That is after all, the entire point of installing WordPress,…that also means you can login to the back end,…you can do that by adding /wp-admin to the address.…Here you log in using the login credentials…you set up when you first install Bitnami…and the first thing you should do…when you access the back end of…your WordPress site for the first time…is update everything.…
You can see that under the Dashboard tab…we have updates and there's a five next to it,…meaning there are five things that need to be updated.…That number is probably gonna be different for you…so click on that, go and check off…anything that needs to be updated,…in my case, a set of plugins…and update whatever needs to be updated.…This update process is exactly as it would be…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web