In this online video tutorial you'll learn how to move your WordPress site from Bitnami to a live host on the web.
- [Voiceover] Let me answer a question…that comes up quite often.…Let's say you use Bitnami and WordPress…to build an entire site.…You have a custom theme, a bunch of plugins…with very specific settings, you've added tons of content,…you've uploaded content and you've configured it…to look and behave exactly the way you want to.…Now you want to move that site from your local computer…to a host on the web so other people can gain access to it.…How do you perform that migration…so that everything moves over?…While you can do this process manually,…it's much easier to use a tool, and we have a specific…course in the library for just this scenario.…
It's called Moving WordPress…with WP Migrate DB or WP Migrate DB Pro.…WP Migrate DB is a plugin that helps the migration…process and makes it a lot more straightforward,…so if you want to migrate your site, either from…your local computer to the web, or from the web…to your local computer, or between two different…locations on the web, you want to use this plugin.…As I say this, when you watch this course you'll realize…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web