Bitnami is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and you can choose between a single-site install or a multisite install. Learn how to find the right Bitnami WordPress option for you in this online video tutorial.
- [Voiceover] Bitnami is available from…the bitnami.com website.…The first time you visit, you'll notice this application…is far more than just a local WordPress installer.…With Bitnami, you can install…over 130 different open source applications.…On your computer, in virtual machines,…on servers, and in the cloud.…In this course, we'll focus on the local install only.…The quickest way to find a solution…that works for you and your computer…is to navigate to applications in the main menu,…and then selecting WordPress from the list of applications.…
From here, you can either demo…a WordPress installation under Bitnami…right in the browser,…launch a WordPress instance on a cloud service,…like Google Cloud platform, Amazon Web Services,…or Microsoft Azure, or perform a local install.…You can also download installers for virtual machines…like VMware at Virtual Box,…but all of this is outside the scope of this course.…When you visit the landing page for WordPress,…the website identifies the current OS you are using,…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web