When you install WordPress on your computer using Bitnami, it works just like any other WordPress site. This online video tutorial shows you how to manage your WordPress install and how to get the most out of it.
- [Voiceover] Running WordPress under Bitnami…on a Windows computer is about as easy as it can be.…Simply boot up the computer, then open up a web browser,…this is Chrome, and visit localhost/wordpress…You'll remember, wordpress is the folder…we installed WordPress under when…we ran through the original install process.…If you installed WordPress under a different folder,…you'll have to put in that folder name.…This automatically brings us to our WordPress…installation, and this is just standard WordPress.…It works exactly as it would on any web host.…The first time you go to WordPress you need to…login to the back end and make sure everything…is up to date, so here I'm gonna go to…wp-admin, log in using the credentials I set up…during the setup process, and here you see right away…that I have a series of updates I need to apply,…so I'll go to Updates, scroll down and see here's…a long list of plugins I need to update,…so I'll update all the plugins, and as you can see,…this works just like any other WordPress site.…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web