In this online video tutorial you'll learn how to access the files that power WordPress for eacy management and advanced development, right from your computer.
- [Voiceover] The true power of a locally hosted…WordPress sight is how it simplifies the process…of created custom chil themes, themes, and plug-ins.…Because this sight lives on a computer,…you can add, edit, or remove files in the application…folder and see immediate results in your browser.…To do so, you need to know where those files are…and how to access them and in this movie,…I'll show you how to get to the WordPress files…both from the file manager and from a code editor.…The absolute easiest way to get to the files…is to open the Bitnami manager.…So, I'll hit start button and type in Bitnami…and from here you'll remember there's…a link to open 'Application' folder.…
This will take you directly to the application folder…so this is Bitnami and everything that's holsted within it.…If we look at the address bar,…you'll see it's sitting under c:/Bitnami/WordPress.…However, what you're seeing here is not WordPress.…This is Bitnami and all it's dependents.…WordPress itself is sitting under the 'Apps' folder.…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web