In this online video tutorial you'll learn how to access the files that power WordPress for eacy management and advanced development, right from your computer.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Now that you have Bitnami…installed on your computer,…there's a good chance you may want to…change some of the files.…After all, Bitnami is usually used for advanced…WordPress development.…You may want to create a new child theme,…or a parent theme or a plug-in or do something else.…In those cases, you need to gain access to the WordPress…files that are within Bitnami so you can manipulate…them or add new files or take out files that…are already there.…In this movie, I'm going to show you how you can…get to the folders for WordPress and also how…you set things up if you want to use a code editor…to manipulate some of the files.…
In a previous movie, I talked about…the Bitnami WordPress Stack manager…and how one of the buttons here,…Open Application Folder,…takes you directly to the application folder.…So let's open the application folder…and take a closer look.…Here, I've just changed the view to the list view…so it's easier to see what's going on.…Inside this folder we find the entire Bitnami application…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web