- Describe how Bitcoin works.
- Distinguish between exchanges and institutional markets when buying and selling Bitcoin.
- Explain the process behind the scenes when you send and receive Bitcoin.
- Cite where most ICOs live.
- Name the market symbol for Bitcoin.
- Identify the threats to the Bitcoin economy.
- Explain what the Bitcoin Foundation is.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Bitcoin is a from of money that only exists online and has been part of hundreds of millions of transactions since it first appeared in 2009. It's rocketing value has made headlines around the world, while governments debate it's promises and its threats. And yet for all this attention bitcoin remains a mystery for most people. This Linkedin Learning Course on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies peels away those mysteries, helping you to intelligently choose how or whether to participate in the bitcoin economy.
We'll lay bare its differences from traditional forms of money and give you the information you need to acquire, use and even mine bitcoin. We'll also introduce you to other cryptocurrencies that could become even more valuable in the future. The course is practical, walking you through all the steps from sitting up a bitcoin wallet, to buying, selling, transferring and holding bitcoin. But I also gives you the theoretical underpinnings that few have today, giving you a strategic advantage.
I'm Tom Geller and I've been writing about bitcoin since 2013. It's a fascinating subject, regardless of whether you use bitcoin yourself. And taking this Linkedin Learning Course is your next step to enjoying it.