Join Joseph Kerschbaum for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparing Bing and Google, part of Bing Ads Essential Training.
- View Offline
- When comparing Bing and Google, their similarities are more noticeable than their differences. On the surface, the results pages look basically the same, so to most web browsers they could be interchangeable. So let's walk through some of their similarities. So you can see on my left I've got Google and on my right I've got Bing. Both search engines provide organic listings, down here, and Bing's organic listings are down here. They both provide paid ads. Google's are up here and Bing's are up here. They also provide product listing ads, otherwise known as "Google Shopping." Google's are listed right over here and Bing's product listing ads are right over here.
They also provide related searches. Bing's are right over here and Google's are down here. They also provide suggested search. As you can see here these are popular searches related to that keyword. And Bing does the same thing. These are popular searches related to the term that you're looking for. The differences between the two search engines are more on the back end. Google and Bing are cut from the same cloth but they are still quite different, as you can see. Now that you can see the similarities and the differences that reside on the back end you can understand how the advertisements appear on Bing and how the two are similar and how they differ.
The course begins with an overview of Bing Ads and the search landscape, and then PPC expert Joseph Kerschbaum guides viewers through creating an account and placing ads with Bing Ads and across the Yahoo! Bing Network.
The course then explores best practices for organizing campaigns and ad groups and appropriately matching keywords. Joseph includes tutorials on setting bids and budgets, writing effective ads, and launching and testing variants. Plus, learn how to import AdWords campaigns, measure the performance of your ads, and address important Quality Score issues.
- Comparing Bing and Google
- Creating your account
- Setting up billing
- Choosing ad outlets
- Organizing campaigns and ad groups
- Creating new campaigns
- Setting up campaign budgets
- Setting keyword bids
- Writing effective text ads
- Importing campaigns from AdWords
- Tracking ad performance
- Understanding Quality Score
- Running reports