Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Data Science Foundations: Data Engineering.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course you can download them to your desktop as I've done here. We have three folders within the exercise files folder. You have data, which contains actual data we're going to use in this course. Scripts, which have sql files which correspond with the actual clip. And then you have setup, which contains a jar file that we'll use to actually extend Hive's functionality. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay.
You can still follow along by watching how I use these files.
- Working with systems and schemas
- Managing of a good data pipeline
- Setting up an environment
- Loading and profiling data
- Testing quality
- Adding data types
- Handling missing values and inferred members
- Performing master data lookups
- Loading schemas and tables
- Creating views