- [Voiceover] Another field that's sometimes seen…as overlapping with data science is programming,…or computer programming.…Now, computer programming,…to give an extremely simplistic definition,…is giving instructions to a computer…to accomplish some given task.…There can be if/then logic,…there can be branches.…But it can also be very simple.…So, for instance, if you're working in Python version 2,…you do hello world, a writing print,…and then in quote, "hello world".…You put in the instructions,…you get the response from the computer.…
Now, programming for data…is a slightly different thing.…Some common examples that I've mentioned before…include word counts where you take…a very large collection of text.…You split it into the words and you simply count…how often each word occurs.…And then you look at the relative frequency…of each set of words.…But data with variability and uncertainty…requires statistics and data science.…So, in this case, it might help to look at the tools…that are used in programming.…
In wallets I found from the IEEE,…
- Assess the skills required for a career in data science.
- Evaluate different sources of data, including metrics and APIs.
- Explore data through graphs and statistics.
- Discover how data scientists use programming languages such as R, Python, and SQL.
- Assess the role of mathematics, such as algebra, in data science.
- Assess the role of applied statistics, such as confidence intervals, in data science.
- Assess the role of machine learning, such as artificial neural networks, in data science.
- Define the components of effective data visualization.
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Data Science?
2. Fields of Study
Ethical issues2m 39s
4. Data Sources
5. Data Exploration
8. Applied Statistics
9. Machine Learning
Next steps2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.