- [Voiceover] One of the best ways of…gathering data for date science projects…is through the use of APIs.…Now, API stands for Application Programming Interface…and it's something that allows computer programs…to talk to each other.…There's a lot of them that operate within…your operating system directly,…but it's also a way of accessing web data…and pulling in data live from multiple sources.…The most common API used in data science is…going to be what is called a REST API…where REST stands for Representational…State Transfer and that's the software…architectural style of the worldwide web.…
What we're going to do with REST APIs is…access data on a webpage via HTTP…and the data that we get is usually going to be…in the JSON or Java Script Object Notation format.…What's nice about this is that…by using this REST API,…we can send data directly from that webpage…into other programs for analysis.…Also, REST APIs are language agnostic.…Some of the most popular APIs are Social APIs.…Facebook for example has information like that.…
- Assess the skills required for a career in data science.
- Evaluate different sources of data, including metrics and APIs.
- Explore data through graphs and statistics.
- Discover how data scientists use programming languages such as R, Python, and SQL.
- Assess the role of mathematics, such as algebra, in data science.
- Assess the role of applied statistics, such as confidence intervals, in data science.
- Assess the role of machine learning, such as artificial neural networks, in data science.
- Define the components of effective data visualization.
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Data Science?
2. Fields of Study
Ethical issues2m 39s
4. Data Sources
5. Data Exploration
8. Applied Statistics
9. Machine Learning
Next steps2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.