In this course, professional illustrator Tony Harmer shows you how to share and promote your work with Behance. He teaches you how to build a custom digital portfolio that syncs changes to your Behance projects and allows you to keep your own unique URL. Plus, learn how to access Behance on mobile devices and integrate with other social networks, like Twitter and Facebook.
- Creating your Behance profile
- Adding a team profile
- Finding people to follow
- Using Behance as a résumé
- Seeking work on Behance
- Using the Behance mobile app
- Adding projects and media to Behance
- Creating a portfolio site
- Commenting on projects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Tony] Hello there, my name is Tony Harmer. I'm an illustrator, designer, and author and my design and illustration career started out with me lugging around a portfolio from agency to agency and client to client, as was the way back then. And I can tell you it was time-consuming hard work. Fortunately, for the modern world and marketplace, you are largely spared the activity so you can concentrate on what you do best, as you now have an always-on and everywhere place for your work to represent you in the form of Behance.
And I would like to welcome you to this intro course that will have you up and running in next to no time. It doesn't matter what creative discipline your background is in or aligned to, Behance is both a network and services that are there for you to show off your work and talents. In this course, I'll be showing you all the basics right from setting up your account and linking your other social presences, finding inspiration, making connections, and even searching jobs through to establishing and maintaining your portfolio.
You'll learn how to add your work and your works in progress to Behance and then use the network from both the desktop and from your mobile devices. I'm told that Behance is the number one way that creative talent is scoped out in some countries, and that probably means it's likely to be that way in your country soon if it's not already. So let's spend a short while together and turn that into an investment in promoting yourself and your work with Behance.
Q: This course was updated on 12/15/2017. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers the Behance Display app.