Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Make a script that uses input, part of Learning Bash Scripting.
…For this challenge, let's build a little game.…Make a script that takes interactive input from the user to guess a random number.…Use a loop and a condition to check if…the answer is right, and keep asking if it isn't.…Make the script respond to having an argument, and give…it some functionality if there isn't an argument provided as well.…And finally, make sure to use a function in your script.…This should take about 20 minutes.…Good luck.…
- What is Bash?
- Managing output with grep, awk, and cut
- Understanding Bash script syntax
- Creating a basic Bash script
- Displaying text with "echo"
- Working with numbers, strings, and arrays
- Reading and writing text files
- Working with loops
- Using functions
- Getting user input during execution
- Ensuring a response
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command Line
2. Building Bash Scripts
3. Control Structures
4. Interacting with the User
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.