Bookmark pages in Basecamp to access them quickly.
- [Instructor] Some Basecamp pages are more popular than others. For example, you might regularly visit the "what did you work on" automatic check-in, or go to the to-do list that contains most of your assignments. To make these pages easy to reach, all you have to do is bookmark them. Well, let's start by going to the HQ. On the home page, I'm going to click the card for HQ, and let's start by clicking Automatic Check-ins.
Then I'll click "what did you work on today?" When I see that automatic check-in, up at the top right, there's an icon that looks like a bookmark. To bookmark this page, click that icon, and it changes to orange so you know it's bookmarked. Now let's go to the Retail Web Site project. To get there from here, I'm going to press Control+J on the keyboard and then in the pop-up, choose Retail Web Site. I'm going to click To-dos, and then click the link for the to-do list, choose Web Site Tools.
To bookmark this, I go to the top right, and click the bookmark icon. Now let's go back to the HQ. I'm going to go to the home page and click the card for the HQ again, and this time I'll go to the Message Board by clicking its card, and then clicking "share your lessons learned." To bookmark this, I'm going to click the bookmark icon at the top right. To use bookmarks, go to the home page. In the My Stuff section, you'll see that next to the My Bookmarks link, there's a circle with the number three.
So, as you can probably guess, that means that you have three bookmarks. To see them, you click the link My Bookmarks, and that takes you to the page with your bookmarks. They're grouped by the project they're in, so we've got the Retail Web Site plus the HQ. If you had bookmarked Places and Teams, you would see those as well. To follow the bookmark, click the link. I'm going to click the link for Choose Web Site Tools and Basecamp jumps to that to-do list.
If you want to remove a bookmark, just head up to the top right, and click the bookmark icon again, and it will change back to the black outline. And that's all you have to do to bookmark pages for fast access.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing the right Basecamp and pricing plan
- Creating your account and a new project
- Creating teams and to-do lists
- Assigning and completing tasks
- Adding events to a project schedule
- Collaborating in real time with Campfire
- Posting messages and commenting
- Uploading, downloading, and replacing files
- Reviewing activity on the timeline
- Moving and copying content to a different project
- Renaming, archiving, deleting, and exporting
- Working with the mobile app for Basecamp 3
- Creating a template for future projects