Join Kai Gittens for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a collection of models, part of Up and Running with Backbone.js.
…Backbone collections are simple to describe.…A collection is a group of model instances.…That's it, I'm done describing them.…They are powerful and contain a lot of built in functionality, but…in terms of explaining what they are, that really is it.…A collection is a group of model instances.…In this video, we'll go through the steps of creating a collection.…And then, review how to add model instances to the collection,…as well as remove them.…To create a collection, you first have to let it know which model it's based on.…
Now, I won't be using remove in the final version of my app, but…
- What is Backbone.js?
- Understanding how MVC libraries work
- Adding properties to a model
- Creating a collection of models
- Adding properties to a model view
- Loading model data on a web page
- Configuring routes
- Finding Backbone resources