Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video What is A/B testing?, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- The key to powerful growth hacking…is to establish the discipline of A/B testing your efforts.…An A/B test is really just testing one variation…against the current option.…You might A/B test an advertisement…where you try a different call to action,…say buy now versus buy today.…Or you might try a new element to the user interface,…in hopes of increasing the time spent on site.…Every A/B test should have a clearly defined goal.…What do you want to see happen,…and what data do you need to measure…to understand if the idea worked?…With A/B testing, your ideas can be tested in real time.…
Using some relatively simple tools,…you can drive a fraction of your users…to a different version of the page…they were trying to access.…There, you can measure their behavior…and compare it to the existing solution.…What's great about A/B testing is that…you don't need to have equal groups of people.…Instead, you need just enough volume…that your results are statistically significant.…This basically means the results you're seeing…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- What is growth hacking?
- Understanding the funnel
- Setting up tracking and analytics
- Leveraging customers and existing users
- Testing ideas
- Generating an audience
- Creating an incentive strategy
- Real-world examples of successful growth hacking
Skill Level Beginner
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.