Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the funnel, part of Growth Hacking Fundamentals .
- Conversion funnels help us see the sales process,…or the specific route a user takes to arrive at a sale.…They're a visual representation of each step of the process.…They can be fairly generic, referencing sales in general,…or specific to an experience.…Before we talk further on the fundamentals…of growth hacking, let's get on the same page…about what a sales funnel is, and how we'll use it.…An example of a broad sales funnel…might look something like this.…People enter at the top of the funnel…and, if we do our job well, work their way to the bottom.…It's wide at the top because that's where…most of our users are in the process,…they've become aware of our product,…and it's narrow at the bottom,…where the actual sale takes place,…because we lose people at all the steps in between.…
We'll indicate those losses with arrows leaving the funnel.…A funnel for a shopping cart might be a lot more specific.…We'll start with product page at the top,…payment form in the middle, and completion at the last step.…There we can track how many visitors saw our product page…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- What is growth hacking?
- Understanding the funnel
- Setting up tracking and analytics
- Leveraging customers and existing users
- Testing ideas
- Generating an audience
- Creating an incentive strategy
- Real-world examples of successful growth hacking
Skill Level Beginner
Viral Marketing: Crafting Shareable Contentwith Jonah Berger1h 1m Appropriate for all
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.