Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Uber, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- Uber has disrupted what has been called…the taxi cab monopoly.…There wasn't a lot of innovation…in the taxi cab industry over the last 10 years.…Dirty cabs, bad customer service,…and a need to make phone calls to dispatchers…just to secure a ride weren't all that great.…They solved these problems…by building an application to book a ride,…see the rating of your driver along with the type of car,…and simplified pricing and payment options…by making tipping and cash out of the picture.…They thought big.…It was more than just adding credit card readers to cabs,…it was departing from the existing…business model altogether.…
They received their start in 2009 running luxury trips only,…and since then they've scaled to be…a four billion dollar business operating worldwide.…Uber's growth hack?…Intense word of mouth and referral marketing.…Drivers were paid by the trip,…and as independent contractors,…they were motivated to recruit riders.…Riders were impressed by the experience…and if prompted to share for a free ride, would do so.…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- What is growth hacking?
- Understanding the funnel
- Setting up tracking and analytics
- Leveraging customers and existing users
- Testing ideas
- Generating an audience
- Creating an incentive strategy
- Real-world examples of successful growth hacking
Skill Level Beginner
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.