Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Square, part of Growth Hacking Fundamentals .
- Square was founded in 2009 as a way…to disrupt the credit card payment industry.…At the time, credit card processing was expensive.…It required cumbersome hardware,…and the monthly fees and high minimums…meant that small businesses struggled to make it work.…But since their launch, Square has skyrocketed…to a valuation of at least three billion dollars.…And this wasn't luck.…They leveraged growth hacking…and a strong attention to their product.…Now it all started when Jim McKelvey,…the co-founder of Square, was in an art fair,…and he couldn't sell a piece of his art…because he couldn't accept credit cards.…
He then realized he wasn't alone.…Small businesses nationwide were stuck…accepting cash or a check, leaving their competitors…to scoop up the plastic-carrying customer.…As it turns out though, his idea violated…the major credit card companies' rules.…At the time, they didn't allow payment aggregators,…which basically meant that people…couldn't process credit cards…without having their own formal merchant accounts.…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- What is growth hacking?
- Understanding the funnel
- Setting up tracking and analytics
- Leveraging customers and existing users
- Testing ideas
- Generating an audience
- Creating an incentive strategy
- Real-world examples of successful growth hacking
Skill Level Beginner
Viral Marketing: Crafting Shareable Contentwith Jonah Berger1h 1m Appropriate for all
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.