Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Researching your competition, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- The digital era has brought with it…a lot of similar businesses.…But competition isn't always a bad thing.…If anything, a little competition helps…validate the space you're trying to capture.…Now, I'm not a big fan of obsessing over competition,…especially in your early stages.…It's easy to let their approach…plague your own creative process.…You don't wanna go down one route…just because your competitor is doing it.…With that said, keeping an eye…on your competitor is still important.…If you're going after an identical target market,…then your initial approach will be to evaluate…where the competition leaves their customer hanging.…
That's a product opportunity.…And it's a valid strategy for early growth.…Find a pain point with their customers and solve it.…One of the easiest way to keep tabs…on your competitor is to become a customer.…Explore their process.…Experience their brand.…Receive their marketing communications, and so on.…But beyond that, there's a couple of tools that help…you understand what your competition is up to,…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- Determine the elements of great growth hacking.
- Recognize the vital characteristics of your product.
- Examine the fundamentals of integrating remarketing.
- Explore the ways to leverage your customers.
- Define A/D testing.
- Discover ways to uncover opportunities for growth hacking.
- Recognize ways to take a less direct approach to generate an audience for your company or product.
- Identify how to design an incentive strategy.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.