Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video JetBlue, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- In July of 2011, Los Angeles had prepared itself…for the planned shutdown of the 405 freeway.…For those of you unfamiliar with Los Angeles,…the 405 is a major freeway for commuters.…And the event was dubbed Carmageddon,…and residents were advised…to stay home and take the day off,…out of fear that the shutdown would cause…unbearable traffic on all the other freeways.…Carmageddon was such a big deal…that it generated a ton of media attention on its own.…It even spurred the creation of a site…dedicated to the Carmageddon, as you can see here.…
A few days prior to the shutdown,…JetBlue launched an ad campaign…called CAR-MAGEDDON FLY-OVER.…They sent an email offering $4 one-way tickets…to fly from Burbank to Long Beach or vice versa,…a route that the 405 freeway typically connects.…You can see that email here…which I found on the LA Times blog.…They sold 600 seats in under two hours…and the response was immediate.…Within minutes, news vans had swarmed…JetBlue's operations in Burbank…and Long Beach to cover the story.…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- Determine the elements of great growth hacking.
- Recognize the vital characteristics of your product.
- Examine the fundamentals of integrating remarketing.
- Explore the ways to leverage your customers.
- Define A/D testing.
- Discover ways to uncover opportunities for growth hacking.
- Recognize ways to take a less direct approach to generate an audience for your company or product.
- Identify how to design an incentive strategy.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.