Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrate remarketing, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- Before you begin exploring growth opportunities, I recommend setting up remarketing tags on your website. With remarketing, you'll have the opportunity to show advertisements to people who have visited your site before. You do this by adding a specific tracking tag to your website. Each time someone visits your website, they'll receive a cookie, which essentially adds them to a remarketing list. From there, you can leverage this list as a targeting option within a platform such as Google AdWords. Typically, you can add additional filters within your remarketing campaigns.
For example, you might wanna target a specific demographic, people who took a particular action on your website, or you might even want to exclude a list of existing customers from being shown your ads. Remarketing can help deliver customized and high-performace ads. You've already worked hard to get your traffic to the website, so there's no sense in letting that effort go to waste. Because a visitor is often already familiar with your offering, the ads tend to see a higher-than-average click-through rate at a lower overall cost. I won't be going into the specifics of setting up remarketing.
You can dig more into remarketing within Google AdWords or you might be interested in exploring products such as AdRoll or Perfect Audience. For a closer look at how to set up remarketing, take a look at the Search and Display Marketing chapter in my Online Marketing Fundamentals course here at lynda.com. Remarketing is a great tool, so it's worth experimenting with, and if you don't plan on remarketing right away, it's still a worthwhile investment to add the tag now. This way, you'll have that list of customers populated if you do decide to explore this avenue in the future.
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- What is growth hacking?
- Understanding the funnel
- Setting up tracking and analytics
- Leveraging customers and existing users
- Testing ideas
- Generating an audience
- Creating an incentive strategy
- Real-world examples of successful growth hacking