Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Exclusivity as an incentive, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- Being part of something exclusive has been…a marketing strategy long before the days of the internet.…Everything from guest lists in a lounge…to VIP sections at the airport,…people want to be part of something special.…Exclusivity often goes hand in hand with scarcity.…Which basically means there's a limited supply of a product.…These two combine to create a powerful marketing technique.…And as I mentioned earlier, this isn't new.…In 1975 three researchers Worchel, Lee and Adewole…tested this theory using two glass cookie jars.…
In one they placed 10 cookies and in the other just two.…If you encountered these jars,…which do you think you would select?…What they discovered was what you might expect.…Participants valued the emptier jar.…This scarcity increased the value.…It seemed to signal that the product was more desirable…or that it was an option that would soon become unavailable.…Taking the remaining cookie places you in an exclusive club.…We can take this psychological experiment…and fast forward it to today's digital market place.…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- Determine the elements of great growth hacking.
- Recognize the vital characteristics of your product.
- Examine the fundamentals of integrating remarketing.
- Explore the ways to leverage your customers.
- Define A/D testing.
- Discover ways to uncover opportunities for growth hacking.
- Recognize ways to take a less direct approach to generate an audience for your company or product.
- Identify how to design an incentive strategy.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.