Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Consider walking the gray line, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
The marketing landscape can often be viewed…as those who operate above-board,…and those who operate below it.…An above-board marketing approach…puts the users best interest in mind.…It's transparent and free from gimmick.…Below-board is just the opposite.…Linkedin stepped into a below-board…marketing tactic when they started automatically…sending out email endorsements.…When a user signed up,…they could import their contact list…to jump-start their network.…Little did they know Linkedin would then send…repetitive and spammy emails from that new user…to any contact not yet signed up.…
It generated growth,…but at the expense of the new user's reputation.…Sending out spam is below-board,…but it's effective and that's why…some brands continue to do it.…If you don't have a brand image to protect,…and you operate within the legal requirements,…why not leverage it?…If we're being truthful about the landscape,…it's not just above and below-board.…Right in the middle is a gray area…that can hold lucrative opportunities.…As the landscape shifts,…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- Determine the elements of great growth hacking.
- Recognize the vital characteristics of your product.
- Examine the fundamentals of integrating remarketing.
- Explore the ways to leverage your customers.
- Define A/D testing.
- Discover ways to uncover opportunities for growth hacking.
- Recognize ways to take a less direct approach to generate an audience for your company or product.
- Identify how to design an incentive strategy.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.